Sounding in a New Year of Community Wellness Groups
I think that many would agree that 2016 has been a challenging year. As we get closer to the end of the year, your thoughts may be trying to figure out ways that you can make 2017 a better one for you.
You want to feel more empowered. Your voice may be demanding to be heard. Perhaps you’re looking for ways to personally challenge yourself. Or you want to find ways to keep your brain sharp, while keeping your mind balanced. Maybe you simply want to experience enhanced wellness.
Your thoughts may also be directed towards the collective. You may be feeling isolated and want to be a part of a larger community. Just as importantly, you want to FEEL GOOD within your community.
One way of achieving these goals is by making music. It is easy to lose sight of the fact that we are inherently creative beings, and this is where SoundWell Music Therapy might be able to help you. If you are looking to feel better in the new year, then look no further.
In 2017, we are offering a series of new community wellness groups. These groups use music to foster wellness and fun for adults of all ages and of all abilities. The following groups are offered through Longmont Recreation Services and the Center for Musical Arts in Lafayette:
Creation Station, 519 4th Ave
- February 6-27
- March 13-April 3
- April 17-May 8
Longmont Senior Center, 910 Longs Peak Ave
Wednesdays from 6 – 7:30 pm
- February 22-March 15
- April 5-26
Search for it here by name and register.
Center for Musical Arts, 200 E. Baseline Road
- January 11 – February 8
- February 22 – March 22
- April 5 – May 3
Register for the class here.
- February 21-March 14
- April 4-25.
Musically Mindful Workshop
In addition to the 4-week Musically Mindful groups, SoundWell is also offering a one day, 2-hour workshop in both Longmont and Lafayette. Below is a description of the workshop:
Our health and well-being can be enhanced by both mindfulness and music. However, some struggle with traditional sitting meditation practices, or making music brings up our inner critic and judge. Experience yourself musically in a different way! No musical experience necessary.
- In Longmont, the workshop is on Saturday, April 15th from 10 am – 12 pm at Creation Station, 519 4th Ave. It is $15 for City of Longmont residents/$18.75 for non-residents.
- The workshop in Lafayette workshop is on Saturday, April 29th from 1 – 3 pm. Contact the Center for Musical Arts for more details and to register.
Community Wellness and Team-Building Workshops for Boulder County Businesses
As a new member of the Longmont Area Chamber of Commerce, SoundWell Music Therapy is also excited to be offering team-building workshops to Boulder County businesses and organizations. Music-based workshops can amplify the power of your team because music and music-making can:
- reduce stress, while providing novel experiences for play that our brains LOVE!
- encourage out-of-the-box thinking. Making music encourages creative thinking, while also allowing for the opportunity to experience ourselves and others through the metaphor of music.
- bring people closer together. Music has long been used as a way to bring people together. You could say that it is part of our cultural DNA!
If you are looking to “unleash the creative potential of your team,” or if you are wanting to create a healthy and vibrant workplace culture, let us know. We will work with you to create a customized workshop that is tailored to meet your organization’s needs. Contact us to learn more.