Let's talk. Schedule a free consultation. I'm Ready!
Creating Mental Well-Being with Music Therapy in Longmont
Being in a state of mental wellness implies being in a state of harmony and flow. Yet in today’s world, regardless of how old you are, it’s easy to fall out of such states. Sometimes you can get back to a place of mental well-being on your own or with the support of friends and family. Yet sometimes a situation requires the additional outside support that therapy provides. If this sounds like you or someone you know, SoundWell Music Therapy in Longmont can help you.
SoundWell Music Therapy Helps Those Who Are…
Experiencing feelings of anxiety, depression, or grief.
The parent of a child or teen who is struggling with anxiety or depression.
Wanting to Age Well.
Affected by Alzheimer's or by a Terminal Illness.
Using Music to Support Mental Health and Well-Being Throughout Life
I know that it’s not easy to admit that you or someone you care about might need this extra mental health support. It takes courage and awareness to come to this point. As well the idea of sharing your problems with someone else can be intimidating. It’s scary to be vulnerable sometimes.
If only there was a kind of therapy where you could express yourself in ways that help you feel better without NEEDING to only talk…
There is. It’s called music therapy. Music therapy works because music impacts us physically, neurologically, emotionally, and transpersonally. These impacts are universal, although your own exact responses to music are individually unique.
Because of this, music therapy is an accessible therapeutic approach for people at any age. Music therapy is also effective for people at different levels of functioning and ability. This makes it possible to address the mental health needs of people who may not respond well to traditional talk therapy.
SoundWell Music Therapy helps people regain mental well-being through the therapeutic use of music. By doing so, people of any age can be better able to live their best life.
Services Offered by SoundWell Music Therapy in Longmont
Below are the services SoundWell Music Therapy provides to the Longmont and Boulder County communities:
- Hospice and end-of-life music therapy services.
- Community Music Therapy Groups are available off-site in Longmont and around Boulder County. Organizations SoundWell Music Therapy provides groups through include schools, mental health programs, and community social service organizations.
Who You’ll Work With at SoundWell Music Therapy
Faith Halverson-Ramos, MA, LPC, MT-BC is the owner and primary therapist behind SoundWell Music Therapy. Watch this video to get a sense of what a music therapy session with Faith might be like:
Where to Find SoundWell Music Therapy
- At SoundWell Music Therapy’s office at 1361 Francis St, Suite 201E. (For the easiest entry, enter through the west facing center door and go up the stairs. There is a stairlift, but no elevator.)
- On-site at schools, community mental health, and social service organizations and long-term care communities.
- In-home with those who are homebound in Longmont.
- On-site at schools, community mental health and social service organizations and long-term care communities.
- In-home with those who are homebound in Boulder.