Let's talk. Schedule a free consultation. I'm Ready!
Counseling and Music Therapy Services to Help You “Tune” Into Your Mental Health
Sometimes life requires the outside support that counseling services can provide. This is because, regardless of how old you are, everyone faces stressors in life. Likewise, we all have life experiences that affect how we manage challenging situations. If whatever is going on in your life right now feels like too much to handle alone, know that SoundWell Music Therapy in Longmont can help you.
My name is Faith Halverson-Ramos and I’m the owner and primary therapist of SoundWell Music Therapy in Longmont. I’m a Licensed Professional Counselor and Board-Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC). As a music therapist, I find that music can be a powerful means for helping people to enhance their mental well-being.
Benefits of Incorporating Music Into Counseling Services
There are a variety of benefits to incorporating music into counseling services. Music can take on many personal meanings that can help you understand yourself better. It can be understood as a reflection of your inner state of being and how you may be in relationship with others. Music can provide you with the ways and means to express and voice what had before been inexpressible. Because of this, counseling services that incorporate music can be an effective way to address the diverse mental health needs people have throughout life.
Counseling Services to Promote Self-Understanding and Resilience
In my work as a counselor, I provide counseling services to people who want to better understand themselves. They’re looking for help in navigating their current reality that has been shaped by trauma or other experiences of loss in their lives. Common conditions I help people with include:
- Low Self-Esteem and Sense of Self-Worth
Counseling Services for People of All Ages
Because of the versatility and impact that music has on people, my professional experiences and interests allow me to work with people throughout the lifespan. Below you can learn more about the counseling services I offer to help people to develop and grow at different stages of life. Click on the images to learn more about the counseling services provided through SoundWell Music Therapy in Longmont.
Other Services Offered by SoundWell Music Therapy
In addition to the individual counseling services I provide in-person and online, SoundWell Music Therapy also offers:
- Community Music Therapy Groups available off-site in Longmont and around Boulder County. We work with schools, mental health programs, and community social service organizations.
- Workshops and Presentations available for community agencies, not-for-profit organizations, and for-profit businesses. Examples of topics I can present on include mindfulness and music, using music to manage mental health and well-being, human development and positive aging, as well as the use of music therapy in end-of-life care.
- Music Instruction available for piano and voice. Lessons are available in my Longmont office or online. We work with beginners of all ages who might need an adapted or therapeutic approach.
Finding SoundWell Music Therapy in Longmont
SoundWell Music Therapy is located at 1361 Francis Street., Suite 201 E in Longmont. Enter through the center door in the west-facing parking lot and go up the stairs. My office is the first office on the right.
If you arrive before your scheduled session time, please have a seat on the couch in the waiting room. This is because I may be with another client and the office door leads directly into my office. While sessions usually end on time, there are some occasions when a session takes a little longer. Know that I will open the door when everything is ready for your session.
In case you need them, restrooms are down the hall and to your immediate left. Over in that area you will also find another waiting room with outlets that you can use to charge your device, if necessary.
Office Safety Precautions in Effect During the Pandemic
In those cases where in-person sessions are necessary and appropriate, I’m taking the following precautions to protect clients in my office and help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- I wear a mask and ask that you also wear a mask.
- Safe distancing is maintained as much as possible, given the space and size of my office.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizing spray that contains at least 60% alcohol is available in my office.
- I schedule appointments at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in the waiting room.
- I ask all patients to wait in their cars or outside until no earlier than 5 minutes before their appointment times.
- Pens, instruments and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.